What is the make good policy?
When you open a Sharia-compliant savings account, you will automatically be opted in to our make good policy. If your deposit returns a loss, the bank will make good the amount of any shortfall that you may have suffered and return the full amount of your deposit. Please note that guidance from our partner banks’ Sharia Supervisory Boards is that if you remain opted in to the make good policy this will not comply with Sharia Principles.
You can opt out of the make good policy by emailing us on email@example.com. If you do this please put ‘Make good opt out’ as the subject line.
- What types of notice accounts are available in the Cash savings hub?
- What is the expected profit rate of a Sharia-compliant savings account?
- How does the Cash savings hub work?
- How long does it take for payments to clear into/from my transit account?
- When can I close a notice account in my Cash savings hub?
- Why do I need to pay £1 into my Cash savings hub before I can fund it from my Dealing account?