What is a W-8BEN?
A W-8BEN form is a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for US Tax Withholding. This tax form is required to hold US stock within your ISA, Lifetime ISA, Junior ISA or Dealing account. It can be found on our ‘Useful forms’ section along with a guide on how to complete the form. A W-8BEN form is required to exempt you from paying tax in the US on your investments.
- What are the charges for placing an international deal?
- What is the difference between income and accumulation units?
- Are there any special requirements before I can deal in international markets?
- How do funds (unit trust and OEICs) pay out income?
- What markets can I deal in?
- How do I find the key information about a fund?