What is the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. It pays compensation to consumers in the unlikely event a financial services firm (covered by the scheme) they save or invest with stops trading. For banks and building societies with eligible deposits the compensation limit is £85,000 per banking licence.
Find out more at FSCS.
- What is the make good policy?
- How does the Cash savings hub work?
- How long does it take for payments to clear into/from my transit account?
- What types of notice accounts are available in the Cash savings hub?
- What is the minimum amount I need to deposit to open a Cash savings hub?
- How do I find out my transit account sort code and account number?