Do you reclaim or reduce withholding tax on overseas dividends?
We don’t offer a foreign withholding tax reclaim service. However, to deal in North American investments, you have to complete a W-8BEN form (for US investments) and NR301 form (for Canadian investments). These forms allow you to benefit from the lower ‘treaty’ rate of withholding tax.
You don't need to complete either form if you hold your investments in an AJ Bell Youinvest SIPP. This is because when in a SIPP, US investments are automatically exempt from withholding tax and Canadian investments automatically benefit from a reduced withholding tax.
For US investments, please complete and post us a W-8BEN form.
For Canadian investments, please complete and post us an NR301 form.
When you’ve filled out the relevant form, please scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can print and post it to:
AJ Bell Youinvest
Tax Management Team
4 Exchange Quay
- How do I receive dividend notifications?
- A share in my ISA is subject to a corporate action – are there any additional implications?
- What currency will my dividends be paid in?
- Can I withdraw the cash received from a corporate action?
- How do I respond to a corporate action?
- How do I receive new shares arising from a corporate action?