Do you reclaim or reduce withholding tax on overseas dividends?
We don’t offer a foreign withholding tax reclaim service. However, to deal in North American investments, you have to complete a W-8BEN form (for US investments) and NR301 form (for Canadian investments). These forms allow you to benefit from the lower ‘treaty’ rate of withholding tax. If you hold US or Canadian investments in a SIPP, you don’t need to complete either form as you’ll already be exempt from withholding tax.
For US investments, please complete and post us a W-8BEN form.
For Canadian investments, please complete and post us an NR301 form.
You should send your completed form(s) to:
AJ Bell Youinvest
Tax Management Team
4 Exchange Quay
- Can you advise me on which election option I should take?
- How are dividends paid on my investments in my account?
- Do you make a charge for administering my corporate actions?
- How do I receive dividend notifications?
- A share in my ISA is subject to a corporate action – are there any additional implications?
- What currency will my dividends be paid in?