Are there compensation arrangements covering my accounts?
Yes, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. It was set up to provide compensation within certain limits if you suffer a loss after a company has gone bust, or if it can’t meet its liabilities.
For bank deposits and investments, the maximum is £85,000 per person, per firm.
You’ll find further information about the compensation arrangements from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme at www.fscs.org.uk.
- How can I pay money into my account?
- I'm linked to another account. Can I check the status of a transfer to it?
- What are the terms and conditions of my account?
- How do you collect charges from me?
- Why aren't all my investments showing on the transfer tracking page?
- Is it possible to open an account in joint names?