How do I place a deal?
You can place a deal in two ways – online or over the phone. For security reasons, you can’t place a deal by sending us a secure message, email, fax or letter.
To place a deal online, just log in to your account and choose ‘Buy and sell’. You’ll be taken to our ‘Buy and sell’ screen where you can choose investments to buy, or select some within your portfolio to sell.
You can also search for an investment to access its comprehensive research page. If you’re logged in to your account, you can use buttons at the top of an investment’s research page to buy, sell or make a regular investment.
You can’t buy or sell UK shares outside of market hours – 8am to 4.30pm for the London Stock Exchange. Although you can buy or sell funds outside market hours, the deal won’t execute until the next valuation point. This is usually the next business day, but it’s worth checking the fund’s research page to find out its pricing frequency. Some funds, for example, are priced weekly.
To deal by phone, please call our Dealing services team on 03537 33 79.
- What are your charges for dealing internationally?
- What is the difference between income and accumulation units?
- Are there any special requirements before I can deal in international markets?
- How can I pay money into my account?
- Will I always get a quote when I try to place a deal?
- How can I buy or sell investments in my account?