How long does it take to withdraw funds from my Stocks and shares ISA or Dealing account?
Cash you've withdrawn from your Stocks and shares ISA or Dealing account will arrive in your registered bank account within five working days. You can request a withdrawal by logging in to the AJ Bell Youinvest website and selecting 'Withdrawals'.
If you'd like the cash quicker, we can send your payment by CHAPS, which will cost you £25 plus VAT. To request a CHAPS payment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your security, we ask that you pass authentication checks each time you withdraw cash. Keep in mind this could potentially delay when your cash reaches your account.
Once money has been taken out of your ISA, remember that it can’t be paid back in if you’ve reached the annual ISA allowance limit for the current tax year.
If you’ve recently sold investments, you can’t withdraw the proceeds until after the settlement day stated on your contract note. For this reason, the ‘available cash’ shown in your portfolio may differ from the amount actually available to withdraw.
Find out more
- Do you offer a Flexible ISA?
- How many ISAs can I have?
- If I transfer in a Stocks and shares ISA will it count towards my annual ISA allowance?
- Can I open an ISA with an initial lump sum and top up at a later date?
- Can I open an ISA for a child?
- Are there any conditions I have to meet to open a Stocks and shares ISA?