Can I place a deal outside market hours?
It depends on the type of investment you're buying or selling. For shares, you can only place a direct deal during market hours, which in the UK are 8am to 4:30pm.
For UK shares, you can set up limit or stop-loss orders outside market hours, but they won’t be processed until the market opens again. As you can’t set up stop-loss or limit orders for international shares, you can only trade when the market is open. See international market hours.
For funds, you can buy or sell outside market hours, but your deal won’t be executed until the next valuation point. This is usually the next business day, though some funds are priced weekly. You can find out a fund’s pricing frequency by checking its research page.
- What are your charges for dealing internationally?
- Do I need new log in details to use the apps?
- Are there any special requirements before I can deal in international markets?
- How can I buy or sell investments in my account?
- Will I always get a quote when I try to place a deal?
- How can I pay money into my account?