How can I gift shares to a family member?
To gift shares to a member of your family (for instance, transfer an investment to your spouse, civil partner or children), you’ll need to log in to your account and send us a secure message. The message should detail the investment(s) you want transferred, and confirm the transfer is a gift. For investments transferred as a gift, stamp duty isn’t payable.
However, you can't gift shares you hold in an ISA or SIPP.
- If I am a non-UK resident, can I open a Dealing account?
- Can I move cash from my Dealing account to other accounts I have with you?
- Can I transfer existing shares that I hold into a Dealing account?
- Will you send me a tax summary?
- How long does it take to withdraw funds from my Stocks and shares ISA or Dealing account?
- Can I deposit a share certificate into my AJ Bell Youinvest Dealing account?