Do I need to have a minimum cash balance?
No, you don’t. But you do need to keep enough cash in your account to cover your quarterly custody charges.
And when you buy an investment, there needs to be enough cash in your account to cover the investment and the dealing charges, which are included in the total of your order.
If you decide to transfer out, you’ll also need enough cash in your account to cover any transfer-out fees.
For a Cash savings hub, there is a minimum deposit amount of £1,000 to open a savings account. Find out more about the minimum deposit amount.
- How can I pay money into my account?
- I'm linked to another account. Can I check the status of a transfer to it?
- What are the terms and conditions of my account?
- How do you collect charges from me?
- Why aren't all my investments showing on the transfer tracking page?
- Is it possible to open an account in joint names?