Archived article

Please note that tax, investment, pension and ISA rules can change and the information and any views contained in this article may now be inaccurate.

Shares in the UK-listed pay-TV firm are trading at a premium to the highest offer on the table  

Just when you thought the bid situation around pay-TV firm Sky (SKY) could not get any more complicated, US media conglomerate Comcast has launched a $65bn rival bid to Disney for Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox.

Fox currently owns 39% of Sky and was looking to acquire the remaining 61% stake for £10.75 per share when Disney agreed a takeover of its media assets.

Comcast then launched its own higher offer for Sky at £12.50. Both deals were recently given the regulatory green light.

Disney is now under pressure to improve its $52.4bn offer for Fox.

Against this confusing backdrop, Sky shares continue to hover around the £13.50 mark.

‹ Previous2018-06-21Next ›