Data privacy statement
We’ll use the information you provide to check your identity – and the identity of anyone else who funds an investment made in your name – with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. These agencies will record our checks and will make that record available so others are able to verify your identity.
So we can thoroughly check the available data, we verify your identity using scoring methods. If you supply false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we’ll inform the fraud prevention agencies.
If we can’t verify your identity by electronic means, we may ask you for additional information.
Depending how the data has been processed, and subject to some exemptions, you have a number of legal rights about your personal information. These include:
- To access personal information
- To rectify/erase personal information
- To restrict the processing of your personal information
- To transfer your personal information
- To object to the processing of personal information
- To object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- To obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority