Your SIPP application

To complete your application please provide us with two documents to allow us to verify your identity and your current address. Please send us one item from Group A and another from Group B (see below).

Please do not send original documents. All copy documents must be certified as genuine by an appropriate person who is not a family member (i.e. bank official, councillor, minister of religion, dentist, solicitor, lawyer, chartered/certified accountant, police officer or teacher). The certifier must:

  • Write 'Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me' on the document
  • Sign and date the document
  • Print their name under the signature
  • Add their occupation, address and telephone number

We are unable to accept the same document for both address and identity verification.


  • Current signed passport or EEA Member State identity card
  • Resident permit issued to EEA nationals by Home Office
  • Current UK or EEA photo driving licence*
  • Current full UK driving licence (old style)*
  • Firearms/shotgun certificate
  • State pension or benefits book/notification letter*
  • Sub-contractors certificate
  • HM Revenue & Customs tax notification (i.e. tax assessment, statement of account, notice of coding)


All Group B documents must be less than three months old and clearly show your current address and your full name or surname with at least one initial.

  • A utility bill - this should be a gas, water or electricity bill
  • A telephone bill - this should be a bill for a landline and not a mobile
  • Most recent mortgage statement
  • Current local authority tax bill
  • Bank/building society/credit union statement
  • House or motor insurance certificate
  • Local authority rent card or tenancy agreement
  • Current UK or EEA photo driving licence*
  • Current full UK driving licence (old style)*
  • State pension or benefits book/notification letter*

* These may be used in either Group A or B but not for both.

If you don\'t receive paper bills/statements, you can send a pdf downloaded copy of your online bill/statement or send us a printed version of your online bill/statement. Please note that we cannot accept screen shots or photographs of your online bill/statement, you must download a pdf version.

Please email your certified documents to us at or you can post the documents to us:

AJ Bell Youinvest Administration Team
4 Exchange Quay
Salford Quays
M5 3EE
Go to AJ Bell Youinvest

Please note the value of investments, and any income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back your original investment. We do not offer advice about the suitability of our products or any investments held within them. Should you require financial advice you should consult a suitably qualified financial adviser. Tax rules can change in the future and the tax treatment depends on your personal circumstances. Past performance is not a guide to future performance and some investments need to be held for the long term.