In the 2018/19 tax year, the ISA allowance for adults is £20,000. For Junior ISAs, the limit is £4,260.
You can split your 20,000 allowance between a Stocks and shares ISA, a cash ISA, an innovative finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA. How you divide your allowance is up to you (but keep in mind a Lifetime ISA has its own limit of £4,000).
We offer a Stocks and shares ISA and Lifetime ISA, but not a cash ISA or innovative finance ISA.
Tips for using your ISA allowance
Set by the government, the ISA allowance is a limit on how much you can pay into ISAs in a tax year. Your £20,000 allowance applies collectively to the different types of adult ISA. You don’t have to use all your allowance if you don’t want to, but once the tax year is gone, so is the allowance. You can’t ‘roll over’ any allowance you haven’t used.
- If you haven’t used all your 2017/18 allowance, invest before the end of the tax year (5 April 2018) so you don’t lose it
- Invest early in each tax year to get the biggest benefit
- Don’t forget Junior ISAs – a tax-efficient, long-term way to save for your child’s university fees or house deposit
- If you’re aged 18-39, you can open a Lifetime ISA and enjoy a government-boosted way of saving for your first home or later life
- Remember that both married partners get their own ISA allowance
What you get with our Stocks and shares ISA
- Low-cost dealing - buy and sell funds from £1.50 and never pay more than £9.95 per online deal
- Award-winning service - we're here to help and answer your queries with two UK-based customer services teams, webchat and email support
- Complete control - you choose where your money is invested, without having to pay someone else to do it
- Regular investment service - invest as little as £25 per month, and take advantage of a lower dealing charge of just £1.50 per investment
- Easy-to-use platform - view your account online 24/7 and deal on the go with our mobile apps
- A wealth of investment content – free access to Shares magazine (one of the UK's leading publications for private investors), as well as our expert articles, videos and tools
Choose from a wide range of investments, including:
The AJ Bell Passive funds – the low-cost, no-hassle way to invest
- All you need to do is pick the Passive fund that's right for you, and how much to invest. Our experts do the rest
- Choose from five Passive funds, rated from 'cautious' up to 'adventurous', depending on the expected level of risk and return
- Our low-cost model means you won’t risk paying too much in charges
Build your own portfolio with help from AJ Bell’s Favourite funds
- Make fund-picking easier with the expert-chosen AJ Bell Favourite funds list
- Our investing experts have trawled the markets, and done the hard work for you
- Our list (which includes active and passive funds) features only funds with low charges, a proven track record and a high potential long-term performance
For more information read our FAQ on ISA allowances.