Are there any conditions I have to meet to open a Stocks and shares ISA?

You must be over 18 and ordinarily resident in the UK or working/serving as a Crown employee overseas, such as a member of the Armed Forces or a diplomat. Spouses and civil partners of these Crown employees may also open an ISA. They can only be opened by individuals, you cannot have an ISA in a joint name.