What is the transit account?
When you open a Cash savings hub with us we will open a transit account for you, in your name, with our partner Starling bank. You will receive an account number and sort code for your transit account. Your transit account is where your money is held before it is moved into the savings account(s) you’ve chosen.
When a savings account matures your money will be paid back into your transit account (unless you’ve chosen to renew the account with the same bank). You can then choose to deposit it in a new savings account, or withdraw it.
Money in your transit account won’t earn any interest.
- What is the make good policy?
- How does the Cash savings hub work?
- How do I find out my transit account sort code and account number?
- When can I close a notice account in my Cash savings hub?
- Why do I need to pay £1 into my Cash savings hub before I can fund it from my Dealing account?
- What is the minimum amount I need to deposit to open a Cash savings hub?