What happens to my SIPP if I die?
If you die, your SIPP can be passed onto your beneficiaries. You can tell us who you would like to inherit your SIPP by logging in to the website and completing the 'SIPP beneficiaries' page in the 'Update my details' area of the website. You can nominate a number of different people, trusts and/or charities, choosing the percentage they’ll each receive.
Payments to your beneficiaries will either be as a lump sum or an ongoing pension. These are paid at the discretion of AJ Bell Management Limited, the Scheme Administrator of your SIPP. How these payments to your beneficiaries are taxed will depend on your circumstances. Find out more about SIPPs and death.
- How long will it take to transfer a SIPP from another provider to you?
- Can my employer contribute to my SIPP?
- Can I transfer an existing pension into a SIPP?
- What charges will I pay for taking my pension?
- Can I withdraw cash from my SIPP at any time?
- Can I hold a SIPP alongside other types of pensions?