What is an EPIC or TIDM code?
EPIC (also known as TIDM, or ticker) codes are unique abbreviations assigned to trading shares so they are easier to search for. Vodafone’s EPIC, for example, is ‘VOD’, and EasyJet's is ‘EZJ’.
EPIC stands for 'Exchange Price Information Code', and TIDM stands for ‘Tradable Instrument Display Mnemonics’.
In the main search bar on our website, you can search for a share by entering its EPIC. If you want to find out a share's EPIC, just search for it by name, then click on it to be taken to its research page. Here you'll see its EPIC and other identifiers.
You can also use our investment search page to search for an investment by name, or to browse by its starting letter or number.
- What are your charges for dealing internationally?
- What is the difference between income and accumulation units?
- Are there any special requirements before I can deal in international markets?
- How can I pay money into my account?
- Will I always get a quote when I try to place a deal?
- How can I buy or sell investments in my account?