Can I move cash from my ISA to other accounts I have with you?

Yes, if you have an ISA with us and want to move money to a SIPP or dealing account, then you simply login to your ISA account, go to your My Accounts page, select Manage My Accounts and then select Cash Movement.

You should remember that once funds have been taken out of the ISA there may be restrictions on your ability to pay it back in.

If I am a non UK resident, can I transfer in an existing ISA to you?

No, you must be a UK resident, or a Crown employee or spouse/civil partner who is working overseas. Non-residents generally may not transfer ISAs to us.

Can I set up a regular withdrawal facility for my ISA or dealing account?

Yes you can. You can choose whether you want to withdraw money monthly, quarterly, every six months or annually by completing either an ISA Cash withdrawal form or Dealing account cash withdrawal form and returning it to us.

How do I transfer my ISA to another ISA provider?

We would be very sorry to see you go, but if you want to transfer your ISA to another provider at any time, then please call us on 0845 54 32 600 and we will explain the process to you.

You can transfer in cash – in which case you would need to sell all of your investments in the ISA – or you can make the transfer in investments. If the full value of your ISA is transferred, this would be considered an account closure by us and if you wanted to invest again with us at a future date you would need to complete another application online.

If I transfer in an ISA will it count towards my annual ISA allowance?

No, providing you simply transfer the funds directly from one ISA provider to another, it has no bearing on the current tax year allowance as it is not considered a new subscription.

Can I transfer existing investments held in either a cash or stocks and shares ISA with another provider into my ISA?

Yes you can transfer from an existing provider to our ISA, and we do not charge you to do this.

If the ISA you want to transfer is in investments then they will need to be in our current investment range in order for us to accept them.

What are the minimum and maximum amounts I can invest in an ISA?

You must invest a minimum of £500 to open our ISA, but you can invest as little as £25 per month if you want to make regular payments into the ISA after that.

The maximum you can invest in an ISA under the current regulations is £15,000 for the 2014/15 tax year. This can be split in any way across both a stocks and shares and cash ISA.

Can I open an ISA for a child?

You must be over 18 to hold an ISA, but a Junior ISA can be opened for a child. You must have parental responsibility for the child to open the Junior ISA, and the child must be eligible for the Junior ISA – so they must be under 18 and not already hold a Child Trust Fund.

Can I open an ISA with an initial lump sum and top up at a later date?

Yes, the minimum investment for our ISA is £500 and you can then top up the ISA at a later date. If you want to save with us through regular savings, then you can make payments of as little as £25 per month.