Are there any special requirements before I can deal in international markets?

For US and Canadian investments held in a Stocks and shares ISA, Lifetime ISA, Junior ISA or Dealing accounts you must complete either a W8-BEN or NR 301 form respectively to ensure the correct treatment of withholding tax in those countries.

You will not be able to invest in US or Canadian shares until you have completed and returned these forms.

Find out more about international dealing.