The Board of SolGold provided an update on current drilling at the Cascabel project, the company's 85% owned copper-gold porphyry project in Ecuador.
- Hole 26-D2 (Alpala NW) returned 453.7m @ 0.53 % CuEq (open-ended), incl. 229.7m @ 0.75 % CuEq. Hole 26-D2 ended in mineralisation at 1,333.65m due to reaching limits of drilling capabilities in that hole
- Hole 26-D3 (Alpala NW) intersected approximately 1,136m of visible mineralisation (936-2,072m), and ended in mineralisation due to limit of drilling capabilities. Assay results are pending
- Hole 29-D2 (Alpala East) returned 484m @ 0.49 % CuEq, incl. 146m @ 0.74 % CuEq
- Hole 30 (Alpala Central) returned 772m @ 0.62 % CuEq, incl. 500m @ 0.71 % CuEq
- Hole 33 (Alpala Central) intersected approximately 977m of visible mineralisation (585-1562m). Assay results are pending
- Cascabel drilling fleet currently 11 drill rigs and expanding to 12 drills. Rig 12, large track mounted drilling rig arriving in the last week of December 2017
- The independent consultants are in the process of finalising their report into the maiden mineral resource statement for Alpala, and the company expects to make an announcement shortly.