||Use our Regular Investment Service and never pay more than £1.50 per online deal when you buy an investment. Invest monthly in a huge range of funds, FTSE 350 shares, ETFs, ETCs and investment trusts.
||Save from just £25 a month.
||Regular investment is available in our SIPP, ISA or Dealing Account – the choice is yours.
What are the benefits of regular investing?
- You have the peace of mind of knowing that the investments will be automatically bought at the same time every month.
- You could benefit from ‘pound cost averaging’.
- It can be a very cost effective way to invest. You will never pay more than £1.50 per online deal when you buy an investment.
- You can build your portfolio with regular investments from just £25 a month.
What can I regularly invest in?
Our regular investment service allows you to invest in a wide range of options. You can choose from:
How does pound cost averaging work?
One of the main benefits of regular investing is the ability to average out the ‘buy’ price of investments through ‘pound cost averaging’.
By regularly investing each month, you buy more shares or units when the price goes down and fewer shares or units when the price goes up. This avoids you having to worry about anticipating the timing of your investments. Over time, the cost of buying your investments is averaged out.
If you are in any doubt about the benefits of regular investing, we recommend that you take advice from a suitably qualified financial adviser.
Here’s an example of how ‘pound cost averaging’ could work.
||Regular investment amount
||Number of shares bought
(excluding any dealing charges)
Average purchase price in the 3 month period (£300 divided by 110 shares) = £2.73.
How do I set up a regular investment?
Once you’ve opened an account you can set up a regular investment. There are only a few steps involved.
For full details, please refer to our regular investment user guide.
Is there anything else I should consider?
- You should read the SIPP terms and conditions and the key features before making any decision.
- If you are in any doubt about the benefits of regular investing, we recommend that you take advice from a suitably qualified financial adviser.
- Regular investments can only be made monthly.
- Regular investments can be made online or by telephone.
- The date for all regular investments is fixed and we deal on the 10th calendar day (or the next working day) of each month. You are able to amend your regular investment instructions up to midnight on the 9th calendar day of each month (or midnight on the day before regular investment dealing day).
- You must make sure that you have enough cash in your account to pay for all of your regular investments. If, on a “regular investment day” there isn’t enough cash in your account, we will not be able to process the deals. We will then try to place the regular investment order on the 10th calendar day (or the next working day) of the next month. If we are unable to place the regular investment order then we will inform you by secure message.
- The minimum you can regularly invest is just £25 a month per individual investment instruction.
- The value of investments can go down as well as up and you may not get back your original investment.